Monday 17 May 2010

Second Try

This morning was now my second try. My research had shown that APing is more common after prolonged amounts of sleep (ideally 8 hours but this isn't a set in stone figure so you can turn your alarm clock off again). I woke up and my girlfriend was still asleep (its impossible to mediate when she is the least bit awake because she's a cuddler), i lay on my back and followed the phasing practices i had read about. (shown below for your viewing)

  • Lay flat on your back - arms by your sides
  • Eyes Closed
  • Breath normally and feel your body sinking into deeper states of relaxation "Notice" the feelings you are getting in your body but don't mentally react (like "OHHH MY GOD!")
  • Focus on the black behind your eyes and the shapes and patterns if they form - dont react
After about 10 mins i had the weirdest feeling whilst meditating to date. It was like i suddenly had a huge surge of energy through my body, parts of my body twitched and my stomach felt like it was being pushed down, the only way i could describe it would be the feeling you would get if you drank 14 cans of Redbull and tried to sit still.

I must admit in my shock my focus completely broke down and i was so interested in what was happening that it faded away after about 10 seconds.

This seems to be the on set of the vibrations you get before you can leave your physical body, i did try shortly afterward to get the feeling again but my girlfriend was stirring to much and i was focusing on what just happened to much so i abandoned the attempt after a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment